According to the “Editorial — Overseas Filipino investors”. Philippines Today 15th October – 14th. November 2001. (Wikipedia) Former Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo applied the term “Overseas Filipino Investor” or “OFI” for Filipino expatriates who contribute to the economy through remittances, buying properties and creating businesses. She had also called her countrywomen working in foreign countries “heroines” for their remittances back home. But Myanmars abroad are looked down as traitors who left Myanmar for selfish greedy ambitions.
Posts Tagged ‘List of overseas Chinese’
The famous writer and Anatomist, Professor Dr Maung Maung Nyo commented and asked me under my LYC picture album:
- Very nostalgic (pictures)!
- Were Luyechuns similar to Boy scouts at Boy scout Jamboree?
- Or were they similar to Communist Young Pioneers?
- Nyi Lay Ko, among many SPDC Projects, is Out Standing Student Programme (Lu Yay Chun) a Success or a Failure?
- Nyi Lay Ko, I just need a simple answer Yes or No!
My reply: Luyechun or Out Standing Student Programme was a success for the country and for the award winners. But it was a failure for the General Ne Win‘s government because they failed to BRAIN WASH most of us.
Updated: I got some of the above pictures from the Dental Surgeon Nay Oo’s Face book. TQ Dr Ne Oo. Please may you allow me to share few of your လူရည္ခၽြန္ဓါတ္ပုံမ်ား in this blog . Most of my photos and pic books of လူရည္ခၽြန္ were burnt during the great fire of Mdy 1984.