- My grandchild Daryn Mishka love to play with keys pretending to open the locks.
- To buy our first car, we surveyed and searched around in Mandalay in early 80’s. Because the calling price of refurbished Morris Minor (Mini) was Kyat 35,000.00, we give up and just settled with the refurbished army-auctioned VW with much lower price.
- Alhamdulillah, now Daryn’s parents i.e. my children could afford to order the brand new Mini Cooper.
- So with Daryn’s love of Lock-key and her mother’s love for mini….
- Mr. Bean’s car came into my mind.
- And another flesh back was Italian Job movie which I loved during my teenage.
The Mini is a small car that was made by the British Motor Corporation (BMC) and its successors from 1959 until 2000. The original is considered a British icon of the 1960s, and its space-saving front-wheel-drive layout (which allowed 80% of the area of the car’s floorpan to be used for passengers and luggage) influenced a generation of car-makers. The vehicle is in some ways considered the British equivalent to its German contemporary, the Volkswagen Beetle, which enjoyed similar popularity in North America. In 1999 the Mini was voted the second most influential car of the 20th century, behind the Ford Model T. Read all in Wiki’s Mini.
Mini (styled as MINI) is a British automotive marque owned by BMW
which specialises in small cars. Mini originated as a specific vehicle, a small car originally known as the Morris Mini-Minor and the Austin Seven,
launched by the British Motor Corporation in 1959, and developed into a brand encompassing a range of small cars, including the Clubman, Traveller
and Moke. The original two-door Mini continued in production until 2000. Development of a successor began in 1995 and the new generation car was launched in 2001. The Mini range has since expanded from the core two-door Hardtop/Hatch to include the Clubman (estate), Convertible and
The Mini was originally a car model of British Motor Corporation, which in 1966 became part of British Motor Holdings. British Motor Holdings merged with Leyland Motors in 1968 to form British Leyland. Mini became a marque in its own right in 1969. In the 1980s British Leyland was broken-up and in 1988 Rover Group, including Mini, was acquired by British Aerospace. In 1994, Rover Group was acquired by BMW. In 2000 Rover Group was broken-up by BMW, with BMW retaining the Mini brand.
And read more here in Wiki’s Mini (marque).
The Italian Job (1969). Comic caper movie about a plan to steal a gold shipment from the streets of Turin by creating a traffic jam. Storyline… Charlies’ got a ‘Job’ to do. Having just left prison he finds one of friends has attempted a high risk job in Italy, right under the nose of the Mafia. Charlies friend doesn’t get very far, so Charlie takes over the ‘Job’. Using three Mini Coopers, a couple of jaguars and a bus, he hopes to bring Torino to a standstill, steal the Gold and escape. Read more here.
The Italian Job is a 2003 heist film directed by F. Gary Gray. The film stars Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Edward Norton, Seth Green, Jason Statham, Mos Def, and Donald Sutherland. It is an American remake of a 1969 British film of the same name, and is about a team of thieves who plan to steal gold bullion from a former associate who double crossed them. Despite the shared title, the plot and characters of this film differ from those of its source material; Gray described the film as “an homage to the original. Read more here in Wikipedia.
- Do MINI buyers have the first clue about cars? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Italian Job tops car movie poll (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Sporty Patriotic Compacts – MINI Cooper London Olympics Edition Celebrates the Games Across the Pond (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Mini Cooper SD Clubman Hampton (independent.co.uk)
- Mini Cooper SD announced (topgear.com)
- Two-Millionth MINI Built at Oxford Plant (gaycarboys.wordpress.com)
- Mini Coupé: More mini [Frankfurt Motor Show] (jalopnik.com)
- Mishka: When the Raga Drops! (billywbennight.wordpress.com)