(Opposition leader Suu Kyi wins Burmese parliament seat, party says: The victory, if confirmed, would mark a major milestone in the Southeast Asian nation, where the military has ruled almost exclusively for a half-century.)
After looking at the overwhelming votes NLD get in 1990 and the present By Election, President U Thein Sein should just understand that there is a strong possibility that his party would be badly defeated in the next General Election 2015.
To prevent the total annihilation he could engage in a reverse gear and repeated their failed suppression of NLD and Daw Suu, which could lead to severe punishment by the world and the backlash by the people of Myanmar.
He needs to think out of the box “to see the son coming back carrying the gold pot” (Thar Shwe Oh Htan Lar Tar Myin Ya) as in the famous Thu Wanna Thar Ma Jattaka.
We wish to see Daw Suu led NLD, military affiliated USDP continue to exist and work together for the benefit and progress of the Myanmar and all the citizens.
I hereby propose U Thein Sein to consider joining his Union Solidarity and Development Party under the NLD umbrella and form a Coalition Government.
To show the sincerity and good will, he should:
- Propose to appoint Daw Suu as the Prime Minister (of course amend the constitution) or
- Propose to appoint the President post. Or
- Appoint Daw Suu as his official adviser, the post to be powerful above all the Deputy Presidents and Ministers. Or
- He just continues to stay as the President but agrees to listen, follow and implement the policies implemented by the political leadership of NLD CEC. Or
- Appoint the new Coalition Cabinet with NLD MPs.
If USDP could made a long term agreement to sincerely join NLD and just requests to have a right to choose its members to be fielded under NLD, there is a good future for our country.
Our country need both Daw Suu led NLD and support of Myanmar Military affiliated USDP.
Daw Suu led NLD would grant us with Democracy, Good Governance, Foreign aids, cooperation and investments.
But we still could not ignore or need the Myanmar Military affiliated USDP for our country’s stability, security, their experience and Government Machinery.