United Nations former expert adviser on human rights said: Massacre of Muslim Rohingyas are correct

Source: Myanmar refuses visa to Ansar Burney in The News (International) Wednesday, July 25, 2012 From Print Edition

LONDON: The Burmese embassy in London has refused the visa application of Ansar Burney, the United Nations former expert adviser on human rights. Ansar Burney had applied to visit the troubled country on a “fact-finding mission” but he was informed on Tuesday afternoon that his application cannot be entertained.

Burney told The News: “The embassy has told me that they are not allowing journalists and human rights activists in the country. I am completely gutted. This action proves that Burma has something to hide from the world.

This action shows that reports of Muslims massacre in western Myanmar and Muslim Rohingyas are correct. I wanted to go there only to find facts about this case.”Burney had applied for visa last week and was told to collect it on Tuesday.

ပါကစၥတန္ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရးေခါင္းေဆာင္ ဗီဇာ အျငင္းပယ္ခံရ
ရခိုင္ျပည္နယ္တြင္း ရိုဟင္ဂ်ာ မူဆလင္မ်ား အစုအျပံဳလိုက္ သတ္ျဖတ္ခံရမႈအတြက္ အခ်က္အလက္မ်ား လာေရာက္ေလ့လာရယူရန္အတြက္ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံသို႔ လာေရာက္လိုသည့္ ပါကစၥတန္ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရး လႈပ္ရွားမႈေခါင္းေဆာင္ Ansar Burney ႏွင့္ လုပ္ေဖာ္ကိုင္ဖက္ တဦးတို႔အား ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံမွ ျပည္၀င္ခြင့္
ဗီဇာ ျငင္းပယ္လိုက္ေၾကာင္း သိရသည္။မည္သည့္ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရးလႈပ္ရွားသူ၊ စာနယ္ဇင္းသမားမ်ားကိုမွ အခ်က္အလက္ ရွာေဖြေလ့လာေရး မစ္ရွင္အျဖစ္ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံသို႔ လာေရာက္ခြင့္ မျပဳႏိုင္ေၾကာင္း လန္ဒန္ရွိ Ansar Burney Trust International သို႔ ျမန္မာသံရံုးမွ အေၾကာင္းၾကားလာျခင္း ျဖစ္သည္။

“သူတို႔ႏိုင္ငံကို စာနယ္ဇင္းသမားေတြနဲ႔ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရးအဖြဲ႔ေတြကို ၀င္ခြင့္မေပးဘူးလို႔ သံရံုးက က်ေနာ့္ကို ေျပာလာပါတယ္။ က်ေနာ္ လံုး၀ကို အဖ်က္ဆီးခံလိုက္ရတာပါပဲ။ ဒါဟာ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံအေနနဲ႔ ကမၻာၾကီးကေန ထိန္၀ွက္ထားစရာ တစံုတရာ ရွိေနတယ္ဆိုတာ သက္ေသျပလိုက္တာပါပဲ” ဟု Ansar Burney အား ကိုးကား၍ International The News တြင္ ေဖာ္ျပပါရွိသည္။
ပါကစၥတန္ ဖက္ဒရယ္ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရး ၀န္ၾကီးေဟာင္းလည္းျဖစ္၊ လန္ဒန္ရွိ ပါကစၥတန္ သတင္းစာကလပ္၏ အတြင္းေရးမွဴးလည္း ျဖစ္သည့္ Ansar Burney သည္ ဇူလိုင္လ ၁၉ ရက္ေန႔က ဗီဇာေလွ်ာက္ထားခဲ့ၿပီး ခြင့္ျပဳရန္
အတြက္ သံရံုးမွ အားမခံခ်က္ ရရွိထားၿပီးေသာ္လည္း ဇူလိုင္လ ၂၄ ရက္ေန႔တြင္ ယခုကဲ့သို႔ ျငင္းပယ္ခံရျခင္းျဖစ္သည္။

ကုလသမဂၢ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရးေကာင္စီ အၾကံေပးပုဂၢိဳလ္ေဟာင္း တဦးျဖစ္သည့္ Ansar Burney သည္ ျမန္မာႏုိင္ငံ
အတြင္း မူဆလင္မ်ား အစုအျပံဳလိုက္ သတ္ျဖတ္ခံေနရသည္ ဟူေသာ အစီရင္ခံစာမ်ားႏွင့္ပတ္သက္၍ ကိုယ္တိုင္ သြားေရာက္ ေလ့လာကာ အခ်က္အလက္မ်ား ရွာေဖြစုေဆာင္းၿပီး အမွန္တရားကို ေဖာ္ထုတ္မည္ဟု ဆိုထားသည္။

ယခုကဲ့သို႔ ျမန္မာအစိုးရ၏ ျပဳမူခ်က္မွာ ၎ႏိုင္ငံတြင္း အျပစ္မဲ့ မူဆလင္မ်ားအား သတ္ျဖတ္ေနမႈမ်ား၊ မူဆလင္ အမ်ဳိးသမီးငယ္မ်ားအား အဓမၼျပဳက်င့္ေနမႈမ်ား၊ အျခားေသာ ယုတ္မာရက္စက္မႈမ်ားႏွင့္ လူ႔အခြင့္အေရး ခ်ဳိးေဖာက္မႈ
မ်ား ျဖစ္ေနသည္ဟူေသာ ျမန္မာအစိုးရအေပၚ ထြက္ဆိုခ်က္မ်ားအား သက္ေသျပလိုက္ျခင္းသာ ျဖစ္ေၾကာင္း Ansar Burney က မွတ္ခ်က္ျပဳ ေျပာဆိုသြားသည္ဟု Pakistan Today သတင္းတရပ္တြင္လည္း ေဖာ္ျပပါရွိသည္။

Ansar Burney to visit Burma

ISLAMABAD: The United Nations former expert adviser on human rights and Chairman of Ansar Burney Trust International, Ansar Burney has said that alarming reports of Muslims massacre and communal violence is grinding on in western Myanmar and Muslim Rohingyas are increasingly being hit with targeted attacks that have included killings, rape and physical abuse and such reports are creating confusion in international community and human rights organisation.

In a press release on Monday, Burney said the four members team of Ansar Burney Trust International has already applied for visa to go to Rakhine, Myanmar on a fact-finding mission and to help crying and dying humanity.

Ansar Burney in this regard appreciated the announcement of US ambassador to Myanmar for a donation of $3 million in food aid to northern areas of the country affected by fighting between troops and ethnic militias.

Burney said that the Ambassador Derek Mitchell announced at the US Embassy on Friday that the $3 million food aid donation for displaced people in Shan and Kachin states in northern Myanmar would be delivered through the UN World Food Programme.

The Ansar Burney Trust accused security forces and ethnic Rakhine Buddhists of Muslims massacre and carrying out new attacks against Muslim Rohingyas in Myanmar. “The Myanmar government declared a state of emergency on June 10, deploying army troops to quell the unrest and protect both mosques and monasteries but attacks on Muslims and mosques are continuing under the umbrella of army and government,” Ansar Burney added.

He said the Burney Trust believes that ethnic and religious cleansing against innocent Muslims under whatever pretext is unjustifiable and inexcusable under international law, and demanded with the United Nations that UN must take urgent measures to protect the Rohingyas Muslims massacre by calling on Myanmar’s government to end its crackdown.

Ansar Burney said that almost 800,000 Rohingya Muslims live in Myanmar. Thousands attempt to flee every year to Bangladesh, Malaysia and elsewhere in the region to escape a life of abuse that rights groups say includes slavery, forced labour, violence against women and restrictions on movement, marriage and reproduction.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: