Source: from the website Royal Ark. (Mr James) (I will search and give the link later as my pts are waiting outside) I will ask permission by sending e mail to Mr Christopher Buyers @ susuhanan”at”hotmail.co.uk
Face Book of Alfred Balwin (may be those with FB account only could see this)
The last King & Queen of Myanmar Pyi – a Sovereign Nation. Exiled to Ratnagiri in India 1885. King Thibaw died there. Supayalat returned to Burma with two of her three children in 1918 after Thibaw’s death. She lived out the rest of her days devoting her life to the Buddhist faith on a government stipend.
His Majesty King Thibaw. Last King of Myanmar Pyi He b. Magwe 1st January 1859 He d. at Ratnagiri, Bombay, India, 15th December 1916, age 58 of a Heart Attack.
Having had issue, two sons and six dauhters:
2) H.R.H. Prince (Shwe Kodaw-gyi) Maung … b. at the Royal Palace, Ratnapura, November 1885 (s/o Queen Suhpaya Gale). He d. young.
1) H.R.H. Princess (Hteik Suhpaya) … b. at the Royal Palace, Ratnapura, August 1880 (d/o Suhpaya Lat). She d. from smallpox, at the Royal Palace, Ratnapura, March 1883.
2) H.R.H. Princess (Hteik Suhpaya) … b. at the Royal Palace, Ratnapura, July 1881 (d/o Suhpaya Lat). She d. from smallpox, at the Royal Palace, Ratnapura, March 1883.
3) H.R.H. Princess (Hteik Suhpaya) Myat Mibura Gyi [Ashin Hteik Su Myat Phaya Gyi]. b. at the Royal Palace, Ratnapura, 1882 (d/o Suhpaya Lat). m. at Ratnagiri, Bombay, India, Shrimant Gopal Bhaurao Savant, sometime Gatekeeper Havildar at Ratnagiri, Bombay, India. She d. at Ratnagiri, Bombay, India, 3rd June 1947, having had issue, one son and two daughters:
a) A son. b. at Rangoon, February 1919.
a) Tu Tu. b. at Ratnagiri, Bombay, India, 26th November 1906. m. Shankar Powar, and had issue, seven children.
b) A daughter. b. 24th February and d. 31st March 1918.
4) H.R.H. Princess (Hteik Suhpaya) Myat Paya Lat. b. at the Royal Palace, Ratnapura, 1884 (d/o Suhpaya Lat). m. at the Collector’s Bungalow, Ratnagiri, Bombay, India, 20th February 1917, Thakin Kin Maung Lat, Private Sec. to Ex-King Thibaw, sometime Officer in the Indian Police, son of the ‘Duke and Duchess’ of Ngape and Mindat. She d.s.p. at Kalimpong, India, 4th April 1956.
5) H.R.H. Princess (Hteik Suhpaya) Myat Phaya. b. at Madras, 7th March 1886 (d/o Suhpaya Lat). m. (first) 1922 (div. 1929) H.H. Prince (Hteik Tin) Kadow Gyi (d. at Rangoon, 11th November 1954), a grandson of H.R.H. Sri Pawara Maha Suriya Dharmaraja Maha Uparaja Anaudrapa Ainshe Min, Mindat Min. m. (second) U Mya U (d. during the Japanese occupation), a lawyer. She d. from cancer at Maymyo, 21st July 1962, having had issue, one daughter by her first husband – see above.
6) H.R.H. Princess (Hteik Suhpaya) Mayat Paya Galay. b. at Ratnagiri, Bombay, India, 25th April 1887 (d/o Suhpaya Lat). m. 1921, U Naing, a former monk. She d. at Moulmein, 3rd March 1936, having had issue, four sons and two daughters:
a) George Taw Phaya Gyi. b. 6th May 1922. He was k. by the communists 12th April 1948, having had issue, two sons.
b) Edward Taw Phaya [U Tun Aung]. b. 22nd March 1924. m. 4th May 1944, Princess (Hteik Su) Gyi Phaya Rita (b. 20th May 1924), daughter of Prince Kadow Gyi, by his wife, H.R.H. Princess Myat Phaya, third daughter of H.M. Hpondawgyi Hla-thaw Hpaya Shwe Nanshin Hpaya Hsinbyushin Sri Pawara Aditya Lawka Vijaya Nandaratta Tilaka Adipati Pandita Maha Dharma Rajadhiraja Thibaw Min Thaya Gyi, King of Burma. He had issue, five sons and two daughters:
i) Richard Taw Phaya Myat Gyi. b. 14th May 1945.
ii) David Taw Phaya Myat. b. 1st April 1947.
iii) Edward Taw Phaya Myat Nge. b. 27th April 1948. He d. 14th November 1955?
iv) Joseph Taw Phaya Myat Aye. b. 19th March 1950.
v) Paul Taw Phaya Myat Thaike. b. 19th February 1954.
i) Ann-Marie Su Phaya Lay. b. 10th September 1952.
ii) Rose-Marie Su Phaya Naing. b. 21st April 1956.
c) Taw Phaya Lay. b. 30th July 1926.
d) Terence Taw Phaya Nge. b. 17th July 1925, educ. Rangoon Univ.
He had issue, three sons and one daughter.
e) Frederick Taw Phaya Galae [U Aung Zay].
He had issue, one daughter:
a) Hteik Su Tessie Phaya Gyi.
b. 5th April 1923. m. and had issue, two sons and three daughters:
b) Hteik Su Margaret Phaya Htwe. b. 20th August 1927.
email@example.com Says :
hi my name is Achong Mark Namchu i’m frm Kalimpong,a small hill station in india.I don’t knw mch abt Burma’s history but, i know that one of Princess of Burma who was exiled frm her country,came to India and settled down in Kalimpong. It so happens that my family is staying in the same house since the 1950’s ,i have heard stories about the Princess and her husband from my grandfather,however im nt sure which Princess it was,but i’m happy to be a part of Burma’s history.
Amartya Sarkar Says :
It was Princess Myat Paya Lat, the King’s second daughter who lived in Kalimpong as an exile. She was not accepted by the royal family as she had married a commoner(one of the king’s secretaries.