Why Myanmar Muslims are not given equal rights as other foreigners in Malaysia?

There are a lot of Myanmars in Malaysia: Muslims/non-Muslims, Professionals, businesspersons, white/blue collar staff, labourers and refugees (including illegal immigrants etc.
Myanmars may be about 50% of all foreigners.
But how many percent got ICs…may be less than 01% of all other Foreigners who got new ICs.
IT IS NOT FAIR in all standard!
Please change the system and mindset of discrimination on Myanmars esp. on Muslims of Myanmar including Rohingyas.


READ THE NEWS in MSM The Star>”Big jump in new voters in seven states”

!00 % of Malay Muslims professionals I talked to for unfair treatment on Muslims of Myanmar, including Rohingyas here when compare with those …they all replied that those were their brothers. Some are even angry with me for comparing…

Actually I never started the conversation about that. They asked how long I am here in Malaysia, and asked me whether I got the Blue IC. I told them that I am NOT and Indon, Filipino nor Thai…They used to get ICs very easily but I am a Myanmar Muslim, NOT a favoured Muslim status here…When they argue I told them about the Konfrontasi (Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation)…when Indons landed on Melaka beach…About the NUMEROUS non-Muslim Philipinos with ICs…

READ THE NEWS in MSM The Star>”More than 100 armed foreigners in military fatigues held in Sabah”

 

 

 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Why Myanmar Muslims are not given equal rights as other foreigners in Malaysia?”

  1. drkokogyi Says:

    Versions differ in M’sia-Philippines border standoff

    Reuters @ http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/221376
    3:53PM Feb 14, 2013

    Malaysian security forces have surrounded about 100 armed men believed to be from a breakaway rebel faction in the southern Philippines, Malaysian police and a government official said on Thursday.

    However a Philippine official said they were unarmed Filipinos who had been promised land.

    The standoff in Malaysia’s eastern Sabah state of Lahad Datu threatened to stir tension between the Southeast Asian neighbors whose ties have been periodically frayed by security and migration problems caused by a porous sea border.

    Malaysian police said in a statement that the situation was “under control”, but did not say whether the men had agreed with a request to surrender.

    “We are dealing with 100 armed foreigners from the southern Philippines.

    “The army and the police have cordoned off the place where these foreigners are waiting,” a high-ranking Malaysian government source with direct knowledge of the situation told Reuters.

    He said the gunmen were suspected to be from a faction unhappy with the Philippines’ recent peace deal with the main Muslim rebel group in southern Mindanao island.

    A senior Philippine military official dismissed the Malaysian account of the group, saying they were unarmed Filipinos who had been promised land in Sabah.

    He said a meeting over the land claim had attracted a large crowd and drawn the attention of Malaysian authorities.

    ‘Some already residents in Sabah’

    “We know that these people arrived there five days ago and most of them are from nearby islands,” the official, who asked not to be identified, said.

    “Some of them were already residents in Sabah for a long time and they normally cross the border without any problem.”

    The number of illegal Muslim immigrants from the impoverished southern Philippines has surged in recent decades, stirring social tensions with indigenous Christian inhabitants in Sabah.

    NONEThe Philippine government signed a landmark peace deal with Muslim rebels late last year to end a 40-year conflict in the south, but some factions have voiced opposition.

    “Since Malaysia brokered the deal, followers from the Misuari breakaway group have decided to stir up some trouble and create fireworks in Sabah,” the senior Malaysian official said, referring to a faction within the MNLF rebel group.

    In 2000, a group of militants from the southern Philippines kidnapped 21 tourists from the Sabah diving resort of Sipadan.

    In 1985, 11 people were killed when gunmen believed to be from the southern Philippines entered Lahad Datu in Sabah, shooting at random before robbing the local branch of Standard Chartered Bank.

    – Reuters

  2. alan kok Says:

    Dear Doctor,
    Hope you shall open your eyes by now.
    The country’s administration practices all
    policies according to colors of skin, besides
    religion. Simple, refugees from Myammar
    are either too fair (Yellow-skinned) like Chinese
    or too dark like Bangladeshi. Both don’t look
    like the locals. However Indonesians
    are widely accepted. Even when the refugees
    are muslims, still they want to consider the colors
    of skin. You wants justice, you want equal treatment?
    It’s like looking for fish from tree trunks.

    Regards
    Alan CY Kok

  3. drkokogyi Says:

    Sulu Sultan called in to help @ http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/16/nation/12720441&sec=nation

    CENDERAWASIH (Lahad Datu): A Sulu Sultan has been called in to resolve a standoff between Malaysian security forces and a group of armed men holed up around a mosque in Kampung Tanduo in Felda Sahabat 17.

    Sultan Jamalul Kiram III, a descendant of the Sulu Sultanate and a relative of the armed group leader, is expected to help find a peaceful solution to the standoff that entered its fourth day yesterday.

    The leader of the armed group has been identified as Raja Muda Azzimudie Kiram, who had been negotiating with the Malaysian emissaries since Tuesday.

    Azzimudie, who was dressed in white robes, was said to have been an assistant district officer of Kudat during the time of former chief minister Tun Datu Mustapha Harun between 1967 and 1976.

    Azzimudie also met another relative of the Sulu Sultan, who was brought in from Kuala Lumpur.

    He has yet to respond to requests by emissaries to “go home”.

    The emissaries are hoping for the group to give up their demands for their ancestral land of the Sulu Sultanate. Sultan Jamalul is expected to come by boat from the southern Philippines.

    Azzimudie, who spoke to the emissaries in English, showed them documents of the ancestral claim to Sabah.

    He was staying in a house of a man in his 60s called “Pakcik Umrah” (Uncle Umrah).

    Umrah and his wife is the only local family remaining in Kampung Tanduo, while the other families from 15 houses have moved in with relatives in Tanjung Labian, about 30km away.

    The number of armed men has increased from 30 from Saturday to about 300 at time of writing.

    The group comprises of Tausugs and Bajaus from Basilan, Jolo and Tawi Tawi, and had arrived in several boats since Saturday.

    Most of them, aged from 20 to 60, were in dressed in black and grey military fatigues and armed with M16 rifles, M14 grenade launchers and Colt 45 pistols.

    At least six camps have been set up there.

    A villager, who returned to check on his house, said the foreigners did not enter the vacant houses and were living off whatever that was grown in the village.

    Malaysian security forces have locked down all routes in the Felda Sahabat 17 oil palm plantation leading to Kampung Tanduo.

    Only food and water were allowed to be brought in as negotiations were going on.

    Patrol boats from the security agencies have blocked off entry from the southern Philippines, whose closest islands are Sipangkut and Sibutu, which can be reached by boat within 15 minutes.

    Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Hamza Taib said the police had contingency plans in the event the talks broke down.

    “We are optimistic that the situation will be resolved very soon with the group returning to their home country,” he said yesterday.

    Hamza said Malaysian authorities were also in contact with Philippines Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F del Rosario.

    Related Stories:
    Abu Sayyaf strikes fear among villagers
    Philippines claim on Sabah a thorn in relations

  4. drkokogyi Says:

    Abu Sayyaf strikes fear among villagers @ http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/16/nation/12720332&sec=nation
    CENDERAWASIH (Lahad Datu): Terror struck farmer Ben Hamid’s heart when his brother came to his house and shouted that the Abu Sayyaf militants had landed.

    “He came knocking at 2am on Feb 9 and claimed it was the Abu Sayyaf.

    “He said the group had landed on the seaside village of Tanduo. I replied that we are finished’.”

    “I fled with my wife and my 12 children,” the 47-year-old said, referring to the notorious armed group which had taken numerous hostages from Sabah.

    Ben said that the first group of 18 Filipino gunmen landed on the shores of Kampung Tanduo and appeared to be friendly.

    “They said one of their boat engines broke down and they had to land for repairs.

    “One of them even approached a stall and wanted to buy some foodstuff using Filipino pesos,” he said, adding that the group also spoke about their ancestral land.

    However, Ben said the group stayed on and more armed men started landing over the next few days.

    He added that about 80 people from 15 families decided to flee the village before the Malaysian security forces surrounded it on Tuesday.

  5. drkokogyi Says:

    Philippines claim on Sabah a thorn in relations @ http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/2/16/nation/12720377&sec=nation
    PETALING JAYA: The Philippines’ claim on Sabah has always been a thorn in the relationship between Kuala Lumpur and Manila.

    When North Borneo (Sabah) decided to be part of Malaysia in 1963, Manila protested the formation of the federation as it claimed that North Borneo belonged to the Philippines as the territory was ceded to it by the Sultan of Sulu Muhammad Esmail E. Kiram I.

    Manila laid its claim to Sabah, arguing that “Sabah was only leased to the British North Borneo Company with Sulu’s sovereignty never being relinquished”.

    However, Kuala Lumpur declared that the dispute was a non-issue as the people of Sabah did not want to be part of the Philippines.

    In 1968, the then Philippines President Ferdinand Marcos launched an operation to train militants to infiltrate Sabah in his ambition to claim Sabah.

    His move caused diplomatic ties between Kuala Lumpur and Manila to deteriorate.

    Relations only improved after 1989 when subsequent Philippine presidents did not pursue the claim.

    However, due to political reasons, Manila has not dropped its claim to Sabah.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: